Statement of Purpose
The purpose of this independent Christian school shall be to provide a creative, loving academic environment for children to grow spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically, and academically through individual and group learning experiences under the guidance and nurture of carefully chosen Christian teachers, administrators, and under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. It shall be the purpose of Lexington Christian Academy to encourage all students to grow in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and to emphasize the value of the eternal soul, the worth of the individual, the love of God for man, and the kinship of all peoples as taught in the Holy Scriptures, while providing students with the opportunity for achieving academic excellence.
Background Check Guidelines
All volunteers who are subject to a Criminal Background Check shall:
1. Subscribe to the school’s philosophy of providing a high quality, Christian education in a Christian atmosphere. Knowledge to choose between good and evil, based upon God’s Holy Word, shall be imparted to each child.
2. Profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and as a representative of Lexington Christian Academy, agree to promote and support the purposes and declarations of faith as established by the school at all times.
3. Provide each student the opportunity to study and develop his/her spirit, mind and body in a wholesome, Christian environment.
4. Agree to adhere to all guidelines and policies as set forth by LCA.
5. Submit to the authority of their supervisor/administrator.
6. Refrain from any contact with students until the results of a criminal background check are received and approved by LCA.
Statement of Faith
•We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (II Timothy 3:15, II Peter 1:21)
•We believe there is one God eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30)
•We believe in the deity of Christ. (John 2:11) His virgin birth. (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35) His sinless life. (Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 7:26) His miracles. (John 2:11) His vicarious and atoning death. (I Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9) His resurrection (John 11:25, I Corinthians 15:4) His ascension to the right hand of the Father. (Mark 16:19) His personal return in power and glory. (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11)
•We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of exceeding sinfulness of human nature and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved. (John 3:16-19, John 5:24, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5)
•We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)
•We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9, I Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28)
•We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Romans 8:13-14, I Corinthians 3:16, I Corinthians 6 19-20. Ephesians 4:30, 5:18)
LCA reserves the right to terminate this agreement, at any time, should any of the aforementioned referenced expectations, guidelines or agreements not be met.