How Do I Volunteer?
LCA values our partnership with families and encourages parents, grandparents, and alumni to be active members in our community. Volunteering is a great way to stay involved in what is happening at LCA, and we are grateful to have volunteers who are willing to serve our faculty, staff, and students. If you have questions about volunteering at your child’s campus, please contact the campus administrative assistant for more information.
Based on the type of volunteer activity you plan to participate in you may be asked to complete a Volunteer Application & Agreement. Please consult the activities listed below.
Activities Not Requiring Volunteer Application & Agreement
•Athletic Program Support (e.g., concessions, gate, etc.)
• Birthday Celebrations
• Campus Office Help
• Classroom Activities and/or Events
• Coffee & Community
• Decorating Lockers
• Elementary Morning Carline
• Elementary Reading/Math Groups
• Field Day
• Muffins with Moms/Doughnuts with Dads
• Parents in Prayer
• PTF Meetings
• Special Events (e.g., Trunk or Treat, 6-8th Christmas Social, Homecoming, Prom, etc.)
Activities Requiring Volunteer Application & Agreement (These activities also require a Validity Background check, and the cost is less than $20.)
• Co-curricular Programs (e.g., academic team, chorus, robotics, etc.)
• Field Trip Chaperones
• Library/Media Center Support
• Lunchroom Help
• Service Opportunities
• Overnight Trip Chaperones (e.g., DC Trip, Senior Trip, etc. (Approved overnight chaperones are required to complete a background check that is set up by the LCA Human Resources Office. Your trip coordinator will organize this process. Overnight chaperones do not need to complete a Validity background check.)