Preschool & Elementary Parent Resources
Check out the most recent LCA Wingspan newsletter in the link below for information about events and deadlines.
LCA BASEBALL PARENTS' NIGHT OFF
THE DEADLINE TO REGISTER ONLINE HAS PASSED.
YOU CAN STILL REGISTER ON-SITE AT THE EVENT.
We are excited to partner with the Salvation Army to support them in their Red Kettle Campaign!
If your family would like to participate in this wonderful service opportunity, please sign up HERE.
Please see additional helpful hints HERE.
We are so excited to offer, Ignite, a new, revamped program of co-curricular activities for our elementary students. Find all of the information and a registration form here.
order a yearbook
(USE CODE 16624 IF NEEDED)
2023-24 Preschool & Elementary Information
Student/Parent Handbooks are available by logging into your FACTS Family account.
ANNUAL ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION
- The Annual Enrollment Verification process will open on Tuesday, July 25 and must be completed by Friday, August 4, 2023.
- All forms should be reviewed and submitted, even if there are no changes/updates to your student or family information.
- Some forms are specific to a student's grade level (preschool, sixth grade, tenth grade, high school). Only complete these grade-specific forms for students enrolled in that grade level.
- The Annual Verification process must be complete in order to receive your Preschool/Elementary classroom and teacher assignment or your Junior High/High School class schedule.
HOW TO COMPLETE ANNUAL ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION
- Login to your FACTS Family parent account (link in the blue banner at the top of LCA's website)
- Choose the SCHOOL section of the left menu
- Click on RESOURCES
- Click on WEB FORMS
- Select “2023-2024 Annual Verification Form”
- Read the instructions at the top of each form/page carefully.
- Begin in the ALL STUDENTS section with the “Family Demographic Web Form” and proceed through each form in the packet.
- SUBMIT every form, even if you don't make any changes to the information.
8:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.: Half-Day
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.: Full-Day
3:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.: After Care
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. TK-5th Grade School Day
3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.: After Care
6TH GRADE ACADEMY & JUNIOR HIGH
7:40 a.m. - 8:20 a.m.: Drop-Off
8:20 a.m. - 3:20 p.m. 6th-8th Grade School Day
3:20 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.: Pick-Up
7:30 a.m. - 8:20 a.m.: Drop-Off
8:20 a.m. - 3:20 p.m. High School Day
3:20 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.: Pick-Up
CENTRAL BUSINESS OFFICE
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Beth Joseph at email@example.com or (859) 422-5758.
Will be updated when available.
Lunch and adding funds to an eagle account
Lunches are ordered via the FACTS Family portal or the LCA app. They can be ordered daily or for an entire week at a time.
Click here for step-by-step instructions to order lunch via the FACTS Family portal or the app and to also add funds to an Eagle Account.
All lunch orders must be entered by 8:00 a.m. Any order placed after 8:00 a.m. will receive a brown bag "emergency" lunch, and your incidental account will be charged the hot lunch price ($5.25).
If you order a lunch and your student will be absent that day, you must call the office by 8:00 a.m. to cancel your order. Orders cannot be canceled after 8:00 a.m., and you will be charged for that day's order.
Lunch orders will be invoiced a week at a time on Friday for that week's orders. Once you receive the invoice, the charges will deduct from the account attached to your Incidentals Account in FACTS in 10 days. You can log into FACTS Family and pay the invoice with an alternative method of payment.
Please see the preschool and elementary maps here.
Extended care is designed to provide preschool - fifth grade students with a safe and enriching atmosphere when they are not attending class. Extended care is provided after school until 5:30 p.m for preschool and until 6:00 p.m. for TK-5th grade. Activities include enrichment, homework help, outside play, and an afternoon snack.
Check back in July to sign up for extended care services.
Please make sure your medical forms are up to date and that we have a current copy of your student's immunization record. Links to medical forms can be found below.
Kentucky Immunization Form
Kentucky Physical Form
Kentucky Eye Exam Form
Kentucky Dental Screening Form
Allergy Action Plan
Asthma Action Plan
Prescribed Medication Form
Migraine Action Plan
Seizure Action Plan
- Immunization Record: All LCA students must have a current Kentucky immunization Certificate on file with their campus offices by the first day of school August 16, 2023.
- Kentucky Physical Examination Record: All NEW students plus all 6th grade students must have a current Kentucky Physical Exam record on file by the first day of school.
Kentucky Eye Examination: All preschool - 1st grade students must submit a Kentucky Eye Exam by January 1, 2024.
- Kentucky Dental Examination: All preschool - 1st grade students must submit a Kentucky Dental Exam by January 1, 2024 (completed by a licensed dentist or dental hygienist)
The office must be notified at least two weeks prior to any planned absences (2+ days). *All school work should be collected by the student before he/she leaves. However, if any additional days are missed beyond what was expected, please email your student's teachers to let them know. Please be sure to read the LCA Attendance Policy and Makeup Work information below before submitting the Extended Absence form.
LCA Attendance Policy
• Any pattern of absences which totals more than 15 days of instructional time or 15 missed class periods in one subject area per semester is cause for serious concern and may lead to a repeating of the grade, repeating of the class, or a loss of academic credit. Records of attendance shall be kept for each student.
• When the student has accumulated 10 absences in a semester, the campus principal will contact the parents or guardians and may require a meeting with them and the student to discuss the situation and possible impacts on the student’s academic standing.
• When the student accumulates 15 absences in a semester, the parents or guardians will again be notified. At this point the student may fail those classes in which the 15 absences have occurred as outlined in our accreditation standards.
• Students are responsible for seeking all assignments by contacting the teachers or through online postings. Students may make up work missed during an excused absence for full credit.
• Students will have one day to make up work for every day they were absent.
• Announced tests for which students had adequate time or prior notice to study shall be made up on the day immediately following the absence unless determined otherwise by the teacher or campus principal. The home and school should work together to honor the student’s good faith effort to attend school following an illness by scheduling make-up tests in a manner that allows academic success.
• Students will receive a 0 for assignments not completed.
LCA values our partnership with families and encourages parents, grandparents, and alumni to be active members in our community. Volunteering is a great way to stay involved in what is happening at LCA, and we are grateful to have volunteers who are willing to serve our faculty, staff, and students. If you are interested in being a volunteer at LCA, we encourage you to visit the Volunteer webpage for more information.
Did you know every time you shop – or go out to eat – you can support Lexington Christian Academy? We invite you to participate in our other rewards programs through the following:
Kroger Community Rewards
Kroger is committed to helping our communities grow and prosper. Year after year, local schools, churches and other nonprofit organizations will earn millions of dollars through Kroger Community Rewards. Our program was designed to make your fund-raising the easiest in twon...all you have to do is shop at Kroger and swipe your Plus Card!
Enroll now for the Kroger Community Rewards Program. All participants must re-enroll each year to continue earning rewards for their chosen organization. August is a great time to re-enroll or enroll in this program.
If you have already registered your Kroger Plus Card Account
- Go to www.krogercommunityrewards.com
- Go to “Kroger Community Rewards: already have an account…click here"
- Find Your Organization - enter
- Select Your Organization - select Lexington Christian Academy
- Save Your Selection - click save
To verify you are enrolled correctly, under Account Settings, click Account Summary & verify that Lexington Christian Academy is designated as the Community Rewards recipient.
If you do not have a Kroger Plus card, they are available at any Kroger customer service desk.
If you have NOT already registered your Kroger Plus Card Account
- Go to www.kroger.com and click on top right corner “Create an Account”
- Enter your email address and create a password, confirm
- Add your Kroger Plus Card account number (found on the back of the card)
- Select Your Preferred Store: Enter your preferred store zip code and select “Find store." Select store location, click “Save & Continue”
- Click Create Account
- Continue with Community Rewards instructions above AFTER you receive a confirmation message to your email account
That’s it! Whenever you shop, simply swipe your Kroger Plus card for great savings and an easy added benefit to LCA! Your designated charity will be listed at the bottom of every shopping receipt.
Bluegrass Hospitality Group
Bluegrass Hospitality Group has expanded their generosity to a year round fundraiser known as GiveBHG Year Round. The program is simple! Simply go to GiveBHG.com and purchase gift cards in any amount. LCA receives a 20% reward! Gift cards must be purchased online and not in the restaurants in order for LCA to receive the reward. Remember…BHG gift cards make great gifts!
General Mills created the “Box Tops” program to help support education and benefit America’s schools. Here is how the “Box Tops” program works:
When you go shopping, look for the Box Top log. It can be found on products from Annie’s, General Mills, Hefty, PaperMate, Pillsbury, Ziploc and more.
For complete information and to join go to https://www.boxtops4education.com/.
Contact: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Eagle Tuition Incentive Program (E-TIP) is a tuition credit initiative designed to lower the cost of attending LCA. With E-TIP, your family does your regular shopping using gift certificates from America’s leading retailers (e.g., Meijer, Target, Speedway, OfficeMax, Wal-Mart) as well as some of our local vendors. With each purchase, your family earns discounts that can be converted to tuition credit for your children. See additional information below.
The purpose of Parents in Prayer is to encourage and facilitate prayers of parents and grandparents of LCA students for the entire LCA community. Information about Parents in Prayer for the 2023-24 school year will be updated here when available.
FACTS SIS is our school management software that facilitates communication. View the PDF here.
With FACTS Family you are able to:
- Keep current with your student's grades, homework, behavior, and attendance
- Find contact information for other students, families, faculty, and staff
- Keep your personal information updated (so we can keep in touch with you!)
Instructions for Accessing FACTS Family
In order to access FACTS Family, the admissions department must have your current email address on file. Parents can contact Julie Guilliams at email@example.com to confirm your email.
Step 1 - Go to www.lexingtonchristian.org (click on the 3 stacked lines at the top right)
Step 2 - Click on "FACTS Family"
Step 3 - Enter LCA's district code, which is "LX-KY"
Step 4 - Your username is the email used when you completed your admission information. Your password was created when you first logged in. If you need help, contact Julie Guilliams at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: To create a new account, click "Create New Family Portal Account" on the log-in page.)
Step 5 - Use left-hand navigation for School, Student, Family Information, and FACTS.
LCA uses Canvas as its learning management system. It is a focused learning management system designed to connect educators to students. Canvas allows educators to organize and share information including: class notes, assignments, announcements, and grades. Students and parents can access this system via an online portal as well as a mobile app. Parents must request Observer access to their student's Canvas account from the appropriate campus office. Learn more by watching this video.
Asst. Elementary Principal
Preschool Office - 859-422-5716
TK-2nd Grade Office - 859-422-5705
3rd-5th Grade Office - 859-422-5704
Annie Furnish Elementary Counselor
TK-2nd Administrative Asst.
3rd-5th Administrative Asst.
TK & Kindergarten Chaplain
1st-5th Spiritual Life Director
Extended Care/Summer Camp Manager
Click here for teacher and staff directory.