Lexington Christian Academy is seeking a full time 10 month Preschool Assistant. This position includes benefits. The ideal candidate would possess a strong record of quality Christian early childhood education and instruction.
The Teacher Assistant is responsible for the supporting the lead teacher in class and student supervision as well as in instruction and other duties as deemed appropriate and assigned by the Principal and Director. It is the teacher Assistant’s duty to support and assist the lead teacher and classroom. The Assistant will also assume lead teacher responsibilities in the absence of the lead teacher.
Essential functions and basic duties
- Support and assist the lead teacher, with both parties working respectfully with one another.
- The teacher assistant will follow all responsibilities and requirements as outlined by the state of Kentucky childcare standards as well as Lexington Christian Academy policy and procedures.
- The teacher assistant may be assigned special duties such as working lunch duty, car line duty, and/or assisting another classroom.
- The teacher assistant’s work hours will be monitored by the Principal and Director.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding matters of information related to students, parents, faculty, administration and school functions.
- Support the school's leadership and positive focus to the parents and community in all written and oral communications.
- Create a loving Christian and safe classroom environment which is conducive to learning.
- Maintain current student grades.
- Maintain working hours as assigned.
- Maintain professional development as required by the school’s accreditation, school policy, school procedure, and school administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Principal and Director.
High school diploma required. A college degree with State Certification is preferred but not required.
• Computer skills in Word/Excel/Powerpoint are preferred.
• Skills with RenWeb and Smartboards are also desired.
Apply for this position here.