Faith • Service • Excellence
2023-24 Part-Time Preschool Teacher
The ideal candidate would possess a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education, contain an education certificate or is certifiable; teaching experience in preschool or elementary education; and a strong record of quality instruction.
The Teacher is responsible for the supervision and instruction of the individual classroom assigned by the Principal and Director. It is the Teacher's duty to teach the curriculum as approved by Lexington Christian Academy and to use instructional materials and methods which are consistent with the school's educational and Biblical philosophy.
essential functions and basic duties
- Prepare weekly lesson plans to be reviewed by the Principal and Director and posted in the classroom.
- Maintain current student data and assessments.
- Maintain accurate written records in accordance with Board policy, Kentucky requirements, and as directed by the Principal and Director.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding matters of information related to students, parents, faculty, administration and school functions.
- Support the school's leadership and positive focus to the parents and community in all written and oral communications.
- Create a loving Christian and safe classroom environment which is conducive to learning.
- Communicate expectations to students and student progress to parents in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attend devotions and staff meetings.
- Maintain current student grades.
- Maintain accurate written records in accordance with Board policy and as directed by the Principal and Director.
- Maintain working hours as assigned.
- Maintain professional development as required by the school’s accreditation, school policy, school procedure, and school administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Principal and Director.
A college degree with State Certification or meet the standard as required by AdvanceEd for accreditation.
- Computer skills in Word/Excel/PowerPoint are preferred; and
- Skills with RenWeb and Smartboards are also desirable.
Apply for this position here.