Junior High Spiritual Life Director
The Spiritual Life Director is responsible for giving direction to the spiritual well-being and spiritual development of their division in partnership with the other Spiritual Life Directors and their corresponding division. The Spiritual Life Director is to actively promote a divisional discipleship culture by ministering to and actively shepherding in love and faith, developing meaningful relationships with our Lord Jesus Christ in both the student body and faculty/staff of his/her campus and Lexington Christian Academy as a whole.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Maintain an active personal relationship with Christ and regular involvement in an evangelical local church.
- Plan the chapel program weekly for the 6th Grade Academy and the junior high.
- Design and revise a scope and sequence for the chapel programs of the 6th Grade Academy and the junior high.
- Attend devotions and staff meetings.
- Supervise spiritual life activities (i.e. National Day of Prayer, Bible studies, etc.) as well as provide spiritual counseling.
- Provide oversight of the mission emphasis in cooperation with the 6th Grade Academy and junior high principal.
- Teach two elective classes on Christian apologetics.
- Keep accurate, written records in accordance with board policy and as directed by the 6th Grade Academy and junior high principal.
- Plan and manage chapel budget.
- Select and have oversight of Team Chapel.
- Possess a basic knowledge of the sound system.
- Establish a scripture for each class coming into the 6th Grade Academy and junior high.
- Maintain good working relationships with other faculty and collaborate with Bible teachers as needed.
- Maintain working hours as assigned.
- Follow all school policies as set forth by the school’s Board of Directors.
- Follow all school procedures as set forth by the school’s Headmaster.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding matters of information related to students, parents, faculty or administration.
- Support the school’s leadership to the parents and community in all written and oral communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education/Certification: Minimum of college undergraduate degree BS or BA.
Required Knowledge/Experience: Preferred minimum of 4 years of post-college youth Christian experience in related areas of academics, ministry, missions or seminary.
Skills/Abilities: Communications and Interpersonal Relationships
Apply for this position here.