Elementary Spanish Teacher
The ideal candidate would possess a Bachelor’s degree in Spanish, hold an education certificate or be willing to obtain certification; teaching experience in elementary education; and a strong record of quality instruction.
The Teacher is responsible for the supervision and instruction of the individual classroom assigned by the Principal. It is the Teacher's duty to teach the curriculum as approved by Lexington Christian Academy and to use instructional materials and methods which are consistent with the school's educational and Biblical philosophy.
essential functions and basic duties
1. Maintain an active personal relationship with Christ and regular involvement in a local evangelical church.
2. Teach the curriculum approved by Lexington Christian Academy.
3. Create a loving Christian and safe classroom environment which is conducive to learning.
4. Prepare weekly lesson plans to be reviewed by the Principal.
5. Communicate expectations to students and student progress to parents in a timely and efficient manner.
6. Attend devotions and staff meetings.
7. Maintain current student grades.
8. Maintain accurate written records in accordance with Board policy and as directed by the Principal.
9. Maintain working hours as assigned.
10. Follow all school policies and procedures as set forth by the Board of Directors and Headmaster.
11. Maintain confidentiality regarding matters of information related to students, parents, faculty or administration.
12. Support the school's leadership to the parents and community in all written and oral communications.
13. Maintain professional development as required by the school’s accreditation, school policy, school procedure, and school administration.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by principal.
skills and abilities
• Working knowledge of synchronous learning through Microsoft Teams
• Computer skills in Word/Excel/PowerPoint required.
• Skills with FACTS SIS and Educational Technology is also desirable
A college degree with State Certification or meet the standard as required by SACS for accreditation
Apply for this position here.