Summer Camp Counselor
Reporting to the Summer Camp Director, summer camp counselors will serve as the responsible adult caring for youth in the LCA Summer Camp. You will be responsible for guiding children, leading activities and having fun!
Functions and Duties
1. Be a Christian role model for campers.
2. Assume responsibility for campers’ safety at all times. Report any incidents to the Camp Director immediately. Recognize that our campers’ safety and comfort are of utmost importance.
3. Follow camp rules, policies and guidelines as set by LCA and the Camp Director.
4. Be present in the camper’s lives, showing a genuine interest in them.
5. Be punctual and organized and accountable.
6. Work through issues and problems through the prescribed camp methods, seeking assistance when necessary and reporting to the Camp Director any escalations.
7. Know where ALL your campers are at ALL times.
8. Effectively supervise campers in activities. You will be a coach, a mentor and a confidant.
9. Develop activities as assigned by the Camp Directors.
10. Deliver exemplary customer service to families.
11. Maintain camp supplies and materials throughout the summer. Clean and prepare supplies as needed for activities.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Camp Director.
1. High School Diploma (There are opportunities for junior counselors between the ages of 16-18, and a high school diploma is not required for those applicants.
2. Certification in CPR, First Aid, Lifeguard certification a plus
Required Knowledge and Experience:
1. After-school or summer programs
2. Childcare experience, customer service experience
Required Skills and Abilities:
Ability to lead by example, communicate effectively and appropriately. The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, accommodating changes quickly and gracefully. The ability to work joyfully even if you are having a bad day.
Apply for this position here.