Lexington Christian Academy has established the Ruth Coppler Outstanding Teacher Award, to be given annually to a LCA teacher in memory of Mrs. Ruth Coppler, who was a beloved elementary teacher at LCA. This award is established as a tribute to her love for teaching and to recognize teachers who share and exemplify that love.
In order to be eligible to receive this award, teachers must meet the following conditions.
- A nominee must be a full-time teacher at LCA.
- A nominee must have completed three years on faculty at LCA. (Teachers may be nominated in their 3rd year.)
- A nominee must not have received the award in the last five years.
The following teachers have received the award within the last five years and are not eligible for nomination:
The award will be presented to both an elementary (PS-5th) and a secondary (6th-12th) teacher who exhibits the following characteristics in his/her teaching.
- Exemplifies the love of Jesus for his/her students
- Displays evidence of the Fruits of the Spirit in relationships with parents, students and staff
- Utilizes effective teaching methods to allow each student to reach his/her academic potential
- Helps each student to discern and use the special gifts God has given him/her
- Exceeds the normal expectations of a classroom teacher to make his/her classroom a special place for students and parents
Current LCA students and parents are eligible to nominate an outstanding teacher. Please submit nominations online by April 16, 2021 . Questions can be directed to Whitney Walls.