Junior High Parent Resources
On The Horizon
August 23rd - Back to School Bash
Office Hours - 8:00-4:00pm
Junior High Calendar
Junior High Information
Picture Day: Sept. 23rd, 2019
Students may choose to stay in their standard uniform, but may also dress up for Picture Day.
If so, there are some guidelines:
Girl tops – must be sleeved, non-sheer/transparent, and not low cut. No t-shirts.
Girl pants/skirts/dresses – uniform pants, dress pants (no jeggings, leggings, or tights), and dresses/skirts must hit at the knee. No Jeans.
Boy tops – dress shirts/polo’s, blazers/jackets, and bow/neck ties are permitted. No t-shirts.
Boy pants – Uniform pants/shorts and dress slacks are permitted. No Jeans.
*We ask for students to please be modest when making an outfit selection.
Spiritual Life Program
The goal of the 6th Grade Academy and 7th & 8th Grade Chapel is to develop students who: BELIEVE, KNOW, UNDERSTAND, and APPLY God's Word.
Next week our chapel journey begins by focusing on the evidence that supports the reliability and truthfulness of the Bible. From that point until Christmas break, we will be in a teaching series entitled, "The Gospel & The Counterfeits," a verse by verse exposition of Paul's letter to the Galatians.
Counseling Program (6-8th Grade)
Galatians 6:2 says, “Bear ye one another's burdens...” The main goal of the counselor is to help students with those concerns, academic and/or personal, which need to be shared. It is only to this end that the counselor will be successful.
Resources and services offered include assistance in educational planning, interpretation of test scores, help with difficulties encountered in class, and personal problems which arise from time to time. An appointment is all that is required to meet with any school counselor; however, students may see them on a walk-in basis, without an appointment, if they are available.
Family and Student Services
Contact - Kim DuFour at email@example.com.
- Lunches are ordered on FACTS Family. They can be ordered daily or for an entire week at a time.
- All lunch orders must be entered in FACTS Family by 8:30am. Any order places after 8:30am will receive a brown bag "emergency" lunch
- If you ordered a lunch and your student will be absent that day, you must call the office by 8:30am to cancel your order. Orders cannot be canceled after 8:30am and you will be charged for that day's order.
- Lunch orders will be invoiced a week at a time on Friday for that week's orders. Once you receive the invoice, the charges will deduct from the account attached to your Incidentals Account in FACTS in 10 days. You can log into FACTS (via RenWeb) and pay the invoice with an alternative method of payment.
- Grab-N-Go refers to an area in the lunch room that is set up to sell fruit, snacks, ice cream, salads, drinks and many other things.
- Students can purchase items at Grab-N-Go during their lunch period.
- All charges from Grab-N-Go will post immediately to the student's prepaid Eagle Card Account.
- Students must have funds available on their Eagle Card to make a purchase.
Click here for the 2019-20 lunch information packet.
Parent Meeting - September 3rd, 2019
Time: 6:30pm, Location: Chapel
All Junior High students are required to wear the LCA approved gym clothes for P.E. classes (Blue LCA top, gray shorts).
You can purchase/order gym clothes in the WINGS store by:
- Calling 859-422-5791
- Emailing Sabrina Holley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visiting the WINGS store (Hours: 9:00-3:00pm)
- Gym clothes are in stock, so you can try on sizes and purchase in store if desired.
*If you opt to visit the store, please use their designated entrance next to the gyms. There is waxing throughout the school, so we want to prevent as much foot traffic inside the school as possible.
Office Forms and Documents
Pictures (toddler and current) for Slideshow DUE: TBA
"Letter to Self" Due: TBA
"Life Memories" Posterboard Display Due: TBA
Faculty & Staff
|School Resource Officer||Junior High|
|Guidance Counselor||Junior High|
|Administrative Assistant||Junior High|
Campus Parent Resource Pages
System Sign In Pages
Junior High Office - 859-422-5702
Jamie McCowan, JH Administrative Assistant
Eddie Hart, Campus Security