Leadership and Educational Trips
I can do all things through Him who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:13
October 21-30, 2020
The Middle East Effect: The Illusive Pursuit of Peace and Truth is a unique look at this region of the world and biblical prophecy. We will examine the history of the Middle East, Jewish/Arab conflicts, the growth of terrorism and the impact of various views of biblical prophecy. This course is timely and peppered with first hand information from Dr. Johnson’s research and interviews in Israel, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon,Turkey, Yemen, Libya, Pakistan and Russia. Throughout this course, you will see the hand of God and be reminded of His plan to draw people to Him and to redeem them.
January 3-10, 2021
Connecting the Dots: Understanding Changing Culture and Trends: Here in the center of philosophy and great thinkers, students will study what it means to have a truly Christian philosophy of life and leadership. In a practical, humorous and life-changing way we will study various worldviews and ways of thinking about the world. We will study fascinating generational shifts in thinking, trends in entertainment/media, changing societal values and discuss where American culture and global culture are headed!
June 11-19, 2021
In Paris, you will experience all the architecture of the Paris monuments you have been dreaming about seeing, have the opportunity to take part in a church service, and relax on a boat cruise on the Seine River.
Outside of Paris, we will become kings and queens and travel to Versailles where we will see the opulent palace that Louis XIV built and the amazing hamlet where Marie Antoinette played peasant girl and cut sheep’s wool with gold scissors.
Then we will travel through history starting where legend says that the Archangel Michel and the devil fell to the earth. We will venture out to visit this very spot, Mont Saint Michel, an abbey island. We will continue our history tour and land in Rouen where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake at the end of the 100 Years’ War. Any World War II enthusiast cannot miss an exploratory tour of Omaha Beach, Pointe du Hoc, the American Cemetery, and the world-renowned WWII museum in Caen.
We will end our tour with our focus on art at the Louvre Museum in Paris. Then we will visit Claude Monet’s house in Giverny where you will see his waterlily paintings come to life.
Faculty Chaperone - Dr. Fults
Apply to go to France
Application deadline is April 10, 2020
Click Here to see the current Mission and Spiritual Trip Offerings
The application and selection process for all LCA Mission and Leadership trips follows the steps below:
- Students fill out the online application.
- A Staff/Faculty selection committee reviews applications and places students on trip rosters.
- Once accepted, parents are emailed an online permission form to secure trip participation and agree to terms and financial process.
- Participants are emailed the Participant Contract and Pledge online form to sign.
- The selection committee will be composed of the trip leader and a combination of staff, faculty and administrators.
- Each committee will consider academic, attendance and behavior records of applicants as well as teacher recommendations.
- Other factors that can come into consideration are group dynamics, age/grade, and other issues of concern with the trip in question.